Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Vodka is not my friend...

So last night, after swearing to myself I would join Kelly and Sarah on the no drinking till Kelly's birthday boat, and then I went to Jo's 20th birthday bash. With Sarah. We shared a litre of vodka between the two of us. I have never been so smashed in my life. Oh my God, I was so ridiculously plastered. I ended up spending half the night curled up in a ball on the bathroom floor. Oi, did I pay for it this morning in college. I'm never drinking vodka again. Well, at least for the moment. But anyway, enough about that.
So the more pressing matter at the moment is my perpetual singledom. It has happened. I am the sole remaining single person left in my apartment. How do I feel about this? Not too sure actually. I'm really happy for all of them, definitely. To be honest it doesn't bug that much. Except when everyone is here with their boyfriends being all coupley and I'm like 'pass me a bucket while I throw up!' lol. I feel like I'm a dying breed. I can see the headlines now: "Singles beware! You are now an endangered species!" hahaha.
I'm happy enough being single for the moment. The worst thing is the pressure put on you by non-singles to not be single anymore. "it will happen when you least expect it..." Sure, because my Mr Darcy is going to fall out of the sky, dripping wet, looking devilishly handsome in a dashing cravat and white shirt right into the stacks of Shakespeare on Q+3. And drop a book on my head. Yes. Of course.

No comments: