Wednesday, February 28, 2007

GGG-GALWAY

Wow, what a weekend...I think it's safe to say everyone had an unforgettable time. We sang the National Anthem on the middle of Eyre Square, befriended some foreign boys (one too many some might say...stalkers, anyone?) got drunk, lost our voices, got drunk, got sick, pissed people off committed murder (or so the people at the hostel thought anyway) witnessed a domestic, got harassed by under-agers and D4s, judged an 80's dance off and over all had a fantabulous time.
The bus journey was an absolute nightmare...it was long, stuffy, the roads were crap and who could forget the several stalker/creeps with picture phones...?!
I'm not sure Galway was prepared for us but it treated it us very well. The first club we went to we were practically the only girls there. Consequently we were treated very very well, though on occasion too well. One guy, though I told him more than once to piss off decided it would be a great idea to stroke my hair while I was dancing, I mean, ew! Another guy kept pushing Una and I together in hopes of encouraging some kind of girl-on-girl lesbian action.
It was like that in the other club as well. Though there were many many more girls, we still seemed to be pretty popular and it was really class. Apart from several of our number going MIA and causing mild panic. Apparently to some people a half hour only seems like 5 minutes...but whatever, it was a savage night.
I also managed not to get so drunk that I puked my guts up. In fact, I wasn't sick at all, which considering the bus journey home was quite a feat I felt. It's actually scary how well I can take a nagin of vodka now...
I did of course christen Galway by falling two minutes after we stepped off the bus so that was that taken care of. Una also fell in amazing style that nigh when she jumped over a pole and slipped on landing...hilarious.
Good times guys, good times.

We first encounter Jane as she wanders through town, looking for a new hat to wear to the country the following week. Thankfully her father sent her to Cork with enough of an allowance as to allow her to chose any hat she so desired. As she perused the various stalls along St Patrick St. a rather sallow skinned girl with rich brown hair and a welcoming smile approached her.
"That hat is rather divine, isn't it?" said she, looking at the hat Jane held in her hand.
"Yes it is," replied Jane in surprise. Was it customary for people in Cork to just begin talking to you? "I think I may buy it."
The girl smiled, "You should. Say, you're not Lady Victoria's niece by any chance are you?"
Jane stared in wonderment.
"Why, yes I am. Do you know her very well?"
"Yes, I should think I do. I live right next door, actually. I'm Katherine Crawford, but most people call me Katy."
"Very nice to meet you Katy. I'm Jane." she replied. How lucky was she to find a friend on her first day! Just at that moment, a drop fell upon her head.
"Oh, I do believe it's going to rain." she exclaimed.
"Why don't you accompany me to the tea house, I am meeting some friends there. I should say they'd be delighted to meet you. Your arrival has been much anticipated!" Katherine said as she pulled Jane along behind her with much haste.
Jane nodded and followed along quickly. It didn't seem she had much choice in the matter and after all, surely she'd be the better having made some acquaintances?

No comments: