Tuesday, February 20, 2007

It was the best of times...It was the worst of times...

Dear Blogger,
I'm so sorry I've been neglecting you of late! It's just that with such a heavy load of work in both drama and English I'm finding it hard to find time to eat and sleep let alone write down my most daring...oh whatever.
Truth is, though I do have a most horrific workload college wise, I'm just rather lazy. Instead of being productive and doing everything when it's given as work, I insist on leaving it to the last minute. Even then, I still find other things to occupy myself with: watching films, watching TV, wasting hours upon hours of my life on bebo, TV...the list goes on.Like now for example. Instead of getting down to work and finishing off my logbook for drama which is due tomorrow, and preparing a presentation for said class, I chose instead to scope out youtube and write some nonsensical ramblings here.
That's productivity for you.I wish I was being a Hermione right now: over-prepared and organised; but I'm just not bothered enough at the moment.

Also, have come up with a marvelous story.
It is set in Cork, circa 1800. It is rather delightful and the characters all very interesting and intriguing. It centered around a young girl by the name of Jane (named of course after her dear departed mother...how tragic!) Granger. An avid reader she wishes to be a Governess and perhaps a lady novelist. Wracked with guilt over her mothers death, and money being readily available, her father (a certain Colonel John Martin Granger) sends her off to her Aunt in Cork City. With her aunt (by the name of Victoria Chisbrook) she learns about life, and how little she knows of it. As she familiarises herself with life in the city she encounters many people and lands herself in more than a few awkward situations. For what does a country girl know of societal life in the city? In a place where appearance is everything and nothing is as it appears, can our heroine survive the pitfalls of convention and find her place in society? Will she ever become a good proper woman, and find what is, unbeknownst to her, her one desire: love?
Join with me and follow Jane's journey from innocent girl to young woman.

I'm telling you, it's going to be a smash,and I look forward to hearing your thoughts on the story as it progresses. Note: any resemblance of the characters to anyone in real life is purely coincidental and entirely unintentional. (well, almost...)

No comments: